Thursday, March 17, 2011

Getting my lol on



I've got a brilliant way of entertaining myself while trying to do work at school. It's pretty easy. All you need is a computer with an internet connection and the need to create a worksheet or presentation for class.

Basically I've been whacking a whole bunch of subject-specific lolcats on worksheets for some of my more senior classes (the younger ones just don't get it & they like to be more serious, give a Year 7 or 8 a "well done" sticker & they roll their eyes, but give a sticker to a Year 10 or 11 or 12 and they think it's awesome - of course, the older ones are right, stickers are awesome).

Effectively, this means that I get the lols when I research the lolcats, I get the lols when I give the students the worksheet and I also get the lols when I mark the worksheets. Win-win and lols all round.

Soon one of my classes will be starting to work on genetics and this is the lolcat I'm hoping to incorporate:




It's true what they say about small things and small minds (they both heart the lols).

3 comments:

  1. What is it about year 7 & 8? I remember being an arsehole when I was 13 or 14. Maybe not so much an arsehole as a smartarse. It's a real peer pressure time, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from distance ed, I spent quite a bit of time thinking, "Why doesn't the teacher clip one of these obnoxious little cunts?" Of course, I was probably just as bad in my own way.

    Also, don't mean to be rude, but I reckon the "good and evil" cats are a bit lame; not good-or-evil-looking enough. "Pondering" cat rules, but.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob: I have a theory that it's the "wanting to grow up quickly" thing (at least for girls) and "wanting to impress your mates" thing (for the boys). Having said that, boys rarely ever grow out of the "wanting to impress your mates" stage.

    Alex: I'll hear naught against some born evil and some born good lolcat! It's one of my very favourites. Believe me (I have done the research) there are way more lame lolcats than that one out there. I agree that pondering cat is made of awesome. This is because he ponders.

    ReplyDelete

Aw, you commented - thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...