Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I wish I lived here: The Trupp Family Home featured on The Design Files


About a fortnight ago, Stephen and Helena Trupp's family home was featured on The Design Files.

I was immediately drawn to the retro/vintage style and all the quirky little details.

Then, when I read the article, I discovered that Stephen was a contestant on Channel 9's Top Design last year. Now, I have to be honest, I got a little bit addicted to that show at the time. I got pretty upset when my television lost its signal halfway through an episode. Harsh words were spoken to the television, and I still haven't apologised to it. I will one day. Promise.

Stephen was my favourite designer on the show and I was crushed that he didn't win. I loved his style. I remember a project he worked on with another designer, Dee. The brief was to transform a haggard old caravan. They turned it into this awesome 1970s inspired surf shack. I loved that caravan. {I also loved the idea of hitting the road, selling milkshakes to surfer dudes and then moving along to the next beach to do the same. One day.}

Stephen and Helena run a business together called Empirical Style - they source fantastic vintage and retro items and the great news is that you can buy online. {Personally, I'm putting off looking more closely until my next pay. I have a feeling my credit card could suffer some serious damage if I spend too much time over there right now.}

Anyhoo, you can read the full article here (and you totes should, it's well worth it) as well as checking out more gorgeous photos.


























All images from The Design Files.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I find all the amazing homes out there too depressing for words! Their place is gorgeous. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Kellie! It's a double-edged sword!

      Delete
  2. Fenton, you must tell me how you put that text over the images- pretty pretty please email me your secrets?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Em, I have emailed you (finally - soz it took a while to get back to you), but I'm happy to share my secrets here as well (I'm not all that secretive to be honest). I just use Photoshop! :)

      Delete
  3. Their 'Empirical Style' blog / shop is just fab. Thanks for the link! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just a treasure trove of awesome things?! :)

      Delete

Aw, you commented - thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...