Thursday, April 19, 2012

My creative space - Just for the fun of it

I got so frustrated while trying to draw my first version of a Mother's Day print a few weeks ago, so I just sat down last week with a fineliner and some gel pens and drew for drawing's sake. Not to make something to sell. Just to draw lines and colour bits in. You know, for fun. (I forgot about the fun bit for a while there.)

And I feel a lot better for it. (I did end up doing something I could sell - well, something I would feel better about selling - but that's another story.)

All of which tells me I need to do that much, much more often.

So, I think I will.

Linking up with Our Creative Spaces.

8 comments:

  1. it's so easy these days to forget the fun. art is soulless without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I'd buy it!
    Have a great weekend Naomi! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane - I might end up doing something similar to sell in my madeit shop at a later date, it was just so nice to draw for the pleasure of it. Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  3. I think they look great! I'm inspired to sit down and draw something too

    ReplyDelete

Aw, you commented - thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...