Tuesday, April 29, 2014

ash and rob | april 2014



Ash was a student of mine. I taught her when she was in Year 10 and it was my first year of teaching. I can't tell you how hard that year was. I struggled. And survived. And was happy with that. It was enough. Then, I left for another school and she graduated from high school. She sent me an email thanking me for what is often described as (and in reality, often is) a thankless job. I've never forgotten that.

About a week ago, she married her partner of nine years, Rob in her parent's garden in her hometown. It was the loveliest celebration of these two creative kids; relaxed, fun, no pressure. Twinkling fairy lights, cold drinks, warm pizza - a bonfire and laughter lighting up and echoing through the neighbourhood.

Thanks Ash (for that email when I was a novice teacher and the FB message asking if I'd help photograph your wedding) and Rob - it was wonderful sharing in your special day. Congratulations! xx

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Naomi, what a beautiful wedding. It looks like so much fun. Your photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, it was a really lovely wedding, I was chuffed to be helping out on the day :)

      Delete
  2. wow, that is the best looking wedding I've ever seen. I was going to ask the location, but I should have known it would be a backyard, far too beautiful to be a public space.
    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, it really was very pretty - such a lovely garden :)

      Delete

Aw, you commented - thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...